26.9.08

Knit, Knit, Knit

I couldn't be more excited or in love with knitting.

I've just swatched for Emily's wedding shrug. The wedding is going to be in Oregon, and it may be raining. Emily needs something to keep her warm in her gorgeous gown! Since she always wanted some lace, and especially some scalloped lace, I'm going to try and give it to her. I'm making the Sugarplum Shrug, in Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. My gauge is right on, so we'll just have to see how it looks with the dress after it is blocked. Then I'll be good to cast on (and I'm very excited to finally be making the smallest size of something).



Other knitting love - creating my dream sweater. I've decided to try my hand at designing, so we'll just have to wait and see how that goes. I've finished a lot of it, but it's all been the easy part so far. This is what my swatch looked like . . .

No comments: